Add/remove RAC nodes and GC

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 13:54:42 +0200

Hi list,

RAC 11.2.0.3.5 on RHEL 5.9
GC 11g

We need to move some RAC nodes to new servers and we plan to do it by adding new nodes and removing the old ones.
The EM GC agents are already installed and configured on the existing nodes.

Should I install and configure the agents on the new nodes before or after adding them to the cluster?
I suppose both are possible, but I'm looking for the best/easiest way.
And what about the nodes to be removed: stop/deconfigure the targets before or after the node removal?

Your ideas and suggestions are welcome!

Regards
Dimitre