RE: Accidentally Delete *.dbf Files, OH NO!!!

  • From: "Jacques Kilchoer" <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mfontana@xxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:49:17 -0800

Start calling your datafiles with names like "kernel_01.exe",
"kernel_02.exe", etc. Presumable a root user, currently lacking respect
for a mere .dbf file, will cringe in terror before rming a kernel*.exe.
Depending on how determined / knowledgeable these users are, you can
always make rm an alias to "rm -i" or maybe even an alias to a "/rm.sh"
or your own "rm" progrma in a different directory which would do some
kind of security checks.