Re: Academic question: How to recover through a gap of archived redol ogs with data loss?

  • From: Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxx
  • To: usn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:51:02 +0300

Did anyone mention a Logical Standby/Streams ?

You can try to: clone the database, open it (allowing redo logs corruption,
etc), set streams replication/logical standby, set the ignore apply errors
option and/or error handlers, and let the logical standby/streams
replication processes to mine/capture/apply through the available redo
logs.

             Martin Klier
             <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
             oracle-l-bounce@f         oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             reelists.org                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             2009.08.06 19:24          Academic question: How to recover
                                       through a gap of archived redol ogs
                                       with data loss?
             Please respond to
               usn@xxxxxxxxx

Hi list,

I know it's unsecure, unsupported and ugly. But given this situation:

I need a recovery of a tablespace, all archivelogs are there, bu I miss
one from last night. I want to do a "complete" recovery.

The log that's missing is out of a low activity period, and I am ready
to acceppt slight data corruption, and I will set up the DB as a new
afterwards, but I need the data from this morning.

What can one desperate DBA do?

To make it clear: I don't have this situation at the moment, but someday
this may change, and I would prefer to test this stress situation in
peacetime (now).

Any hints, advice, procedures?

Thanks a lot
Martin Klier
--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de