Re: About O/S file system cache in any Linux OS: RHEL/OEL

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 01:00:09 +0100

By default you dont have to do any special configuration to use Linux file
system buffer cache, Linux tries to cache everything.

But filesystem buffer read is not very good idea, if you are using Linux 32
bit it is ok but if you are using 64 bit you should give more memory to
db_cache_size and cache in Oracle's own cache and avoid double buffering
(file system buffer and oracle data block buffer).

Thanks

--
LSC