AWR consolidation or mining Grid Control?

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 13:29:53 +0200

Hi

I have seen in the past in the list some discussions regarding using AWR
data to perform capacity planning. However I think I only saw once someone
mentioned the possibility of storing several database's AWR data in a sort
of Data Warehouse (database for the DBAs).

I might try to consolidate 20 database (all of them 10.2.0.5) AWR data in a
Warehouse, not all AWR data, just a dozen of matrics I am interested. I
wonder if anyone's got experience with this? I can think of two approaches

   1. Design a Star Schema from scratch
   2. Design a 3NF schema following AWR data model

The other option is all these 20 databases are monitoried by Grid Control
which stores 13 months data. But I have been looking Grid Control's data
model and doesnt seem very intuitive. Anyone's got experience with mining
Grid Control data?

TIA

--
LSC