Re: AWR Usage Poll

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx, jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 04:27:18 -0700 (PDT)

It seems that oracle support is assuming the same thing in terms of AWR . i
recently upgraded a database to 10.2 and had soem performance issues . the
first tihng that support asked was for 2 AWR reports rather than the standard
RDA request. Whne i told them we were not licensed  they went to saying that i
needed to download sqlt which is the enhanced sql explain paln and run that.  I
did provide them with sql test case builder  case of he problem.This was on
10.2..0.4 and even on the upgrade oracle support's directo recommended was to
start using STS  without even asking or evaluating what the cusotmeri s
licensed for .

Fuad