Re: AWR Report for missing Snapshot Time

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:09:39 -0800

Hi Sanjay,

> Oracle will skip the Snap ID if the database is bounced. So suppose if the
> Database is Crashed at 10:45, then I cannot generate 10-11 AWR report but as
> the information is already passed from ASH to Workload Repository tables due
> to high transaction, is it possible to get this report manually from the
> Tables directly. Can someone share their experience as how we can get that
> information from WR

ASH collects session level states - it does NOT collect system wide
stats (such as from V$SYSTEM_EVENT and V$SYSSTAT) that AWR does. You
might be able to get some of the High load SQL, and try and draw some
conclusion about the type and count of Wait events encountered, but
that is about it. For instance, the ASH report will show you the Top 5
User events, but what you will get is the %Acitivity and the AAS
(Average Active Sessions).

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj