Re: AWR Licensing

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:53:02 +0100

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:58:34 +1000, Tony Jambu
<tjambu_freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The underlying objects, programs and views are created by default in 10g.=
  If you access any of the following views:
> =B7       The V$ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORY dynamic performance view
> =B7       All data dictionary views beginning with the prefix DBA_HIST_* =
along with their underlying tables.
> and others mentioned in the link above, you are required to purchase the =
optional EM packs.

This just gets better and better. I'd missed the comment about the
'underlying tables'  when I made my somewhat tongue in cheek
suggestion about querying the x$ or doing a direct attach - clearly
someone at Oracle legal was way ahead of me - not that thats that
difficult.

on the other hand if Pete is to be believed, and he usually is, then
it would appear that the free tools also access the underlying tables
(can't see how they wouldn't really).

I have no problem whatsoever with paying for the nice graphical and
reporting tools, but paying oracle for me to write queries against the
database...

--=20
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA