Re: AWR Formatter Chrome Plugin

  • From: Thomas Roach <troach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Leyi Zhang (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 12:10:51 -0400

I didn't write it. (Coworker did)

I think the reason for it being in Chrome is that the plugin is very heavy
in Javascript and Chrome renders it by far the fastest.

I actually ran the Javascript in Internet Explorer and Firefox. It never
finished in IE and froze. With Firefox, it was just slow and sluggish. If
Firefox improves it's Javascript engine, then I imagine it would be
possible.

By the way, Tyler has made the source code available. I am sure one could
make a plugin for FF with it. Just not sure how well it would perform. It
also wouldn't hurt to ask him to make a FF version, but I am pretty sure he
would also tell you why he wouldn't.

Cheers,

Tom

--