Re: AWR

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sanjay Mishra" <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:12:42 -0700

Sanjay - These buffers (both ASH and AWR) are allocated from the
shared_pool so this is from "Variable Size" in V$SGA.

Determining how much *AWR* requires in the SGA takes a little
guesswork. The space names are a little vague and the picture is
complicated since AWR seems to have been known earlier as SWRF
(Statistics Workload Repository Facilities - See Metalink Note
240052.1 - first few lines). Look for anything with both AWR and SWRF
in the V$SGASTAT.NAME column.

Thanks for your kind words.
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional

On 9/1/06, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John

THis is an excellent update as It is more clear now. Can you also update as
this portion of SGA comes from fixed Area of SGA. Also AWR stats are also
stored in SGA and how the space is allocated for it.

I am going to buy this Insider books tomorrow as it look like had greate
review by everybody on Amazon

TIA
Sanjay

--