Re: AW: locking with tuxedo

  • From: Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Petr Novak <Petr.Novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:32:48 +0100

Petr Novak pisze:
> Hallo Remigiusz,
>

> I cannot answer your question, but may be you could look on these documents:
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/bestpracticesforxaandrac-128676.pdf
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/clustering/overview/distributed-transactions-and-xa-163941.pdf

Thank You for tips - very valuable indeed, especially the second link.
For those interested:
- it seems there is a possibility in case of distributed transactions,
that there is almost no trails for locks within the database. In short a
distributed transaction, before it becomes a transaction "in-doubt" by
timing out, when a transaction manager is disconnected, is not listed in
anywhere. Locks are held by the tracsaction manager, and the timeout
period must pass to recognize such transaction as "in-doubt" and list it
on dba_2pc_pending.

Regards
Remigiusz

--