AW: ***SPAM?***:Re: Password-Tool

  • From: <Michael.Fleck@xxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:34:03 +0100

Sorry,

here are some more informations.

We force our users to change their database password every 45 days =
according to our company rules.
We have implemented the password change mechanism in our own =
application. Our problem is that we have many users using ACCESS or =
EXCEL via ODBC to connect to the database. ACCESS and EXCEL do not habe =
a password change mechanism implemented. The user only get an ORA- error =
when connecting to the database.=20

Most of the user just execute pre-defined report or something else. They =
can't deal with SQL-Plus. So we are looking for a tool to give the user =
the ability to change their password. Ideally this is just an icon to =
click on where the user has to specify his ID, old password, new =
password und instance.

Best regards,
Michael Fleck=20

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----