AW: DBAs:Databases 1:10 (Oracle) 1:31 (SQL Server)

  • From: <F.Castillo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tjambu_freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:22:58 +0200

Hi,

How do they compare MS to Oracle

In Oracle term a database would be what a MS/Sybase call a "SQL Server". They
have lots of databases - a thing that compares to a combination of
schema/tablespace, if I'm not completely wrong.

So what does Alinea _exactly_ mean by the term 'database'?

Felix

PS: I've actually not the time to read the hole n-page paper :-(