AW: Cary's Book and the Method-R

  • From: Stefan Jahnke <Stefan.Jahnke@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:31:29 +0200

Hi Sriram

I haven't read Cary's book yet (it's in the mail;)). Just out of =
curiosity:
How is the poisson distribution applied there?=20

As I remember from school, it is commonly used to measure occurences of
events where you have to have a large sample size within which only =
very few
of the events you're looking for actually occur. Wasn't it developed by =
some
guy who tried to measure military accidents of some kind in the =
Prussian
army? That's pretty close to DBA work ;).

Stefan

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----