Re: AUTOEXTEND

  • From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 17:02:12 +0800

On non-production systems - autoextend works fine for me.

On production systems - well I'm inclined to think that you should never
need it. After all, you already know roughly how and when the database is
going to grow (even if its sporadic). After all, thats one of the reasons we
have non-production systems - to work all this stuff out before it goes
live.

If on a production system, your in a position where you're thinking: "I
really don't know when or by how much this system is gonna grow by", then
your customers have every right to be doubting your capacity to effectively
manage that database.

Cheers
Connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"