RE: AUTOALLOACATE vs. UNIFORM extent size in Oracle10g

  • From: Michael Dinh <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ashoke.k.mandal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ashoke.k.mandal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:19:29 -0800

Greg,

Tom Kytes suggest the same.

Can you explain what happens when there is a queue table where the extents are
at 1M or 8M and old data deleted are from 64K extents.

Will those 64K extents be used if let's say no new tables are created and will
this cause a little waste in storage.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Michael Dinh

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.
BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
(PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING, AND AGREE AS
FOLLOWS: YOU AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI CONTAINED HEREIN,
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PERFORM YOUR
OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE.  If the reader of this
email (and attachments) is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error and delete the
e-mail you received. Thank you.