AUTO ALLOCATE PERFORMANCE

  • From: "Wolfson Larry - lwolfs" <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:26:20 -0500

Hey guys,  I've got a vendor claiming his batch load runs in 70 minutes
instead of 90 on his test system when he switched to AUTOALLOCATE.

  Can't say I've seen a lot of info on performance improvements with
AUTOALLOCATE.

    Anybody have a take on this?  He hasn't given me his code yet. All
I've seen is FTS because all his SELECTs use UPPER everywhere and never
use any indexes.  His biggest table has 26 of them and I'm gonna see if
he really uses any.  Sorry nothing to do with AA question.

    TIA
    Larry

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.