Re: AUDIT based on certain conditions?

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drp4kri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:12:11 -0700

Please take a look at the docs on AUDIT, try it on a test system
and view the results.

Then take another look at your trigger, and see if you really
want to put that command in a trigger.

My guess is that you don't.

Jared

On 6/5/06, Dhimant Patel <drp4kri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I have a need to audit use of schemas based on certain users - I can
differentiate these users based on v$session.terminal or v$session.osuser.
I am not quite sure had I done this before but I want to setup a AFTER
LOGON database trigger to turn on/off the auditing based on above v$ values.

create or replace trigger on_logon after logon on database declare mTname varchar2(40); begin SELECT SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','TERMINAL') INTO mTname FROM DUAL; if (SUBSTR(mTname,1,3) <> 'pts') then EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'AUDIT UPDATE ANY TABLE BY SESSION'; end if; end;

I tried with following code but am getting
     ORA-30511 Invalid DDL operation in system trigger.

Any ideas ?

-Thanks, DP.

-- Jared Still Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist