RE: AUD$ TIMESTAMP and LOGOFF_TIME are equal

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx, ric.van.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:13:56 -0800 (PST)

> Is there any consistency of the audit rows where TIMESTAMP = LOGOFF_TIME?

I remember reading on MOS that said what Dave said earlier "if the session
ends properly, TIMESTAMP and LOGOFF_TIME should be the same." At logoff
time, the timestamp is updated to that time, unless the action is 'LOGOFF
BY CLEANUP', i.e. the session terminates abnormally.

I didn't find that note, but found Note:271615.1 that says "From 10g
onwards the time shown in TIMESTAMP and LOGOFF_TIME columns are in
different time zones". I thought that would create a difference in query
result. But no. TIMESTAMP of the dba_audit_* views in 10g and up is
already converted to the local timezone, even though the ntimestamp#
column of aud$ is in UTC. Ric, you're talking about the columns of
dba_audit_*, not aud$. What you see is normal.

Yong Huang