Re: ASM on top of SLVM - HPUX - DW

  • From: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 06:44:52 -0600

You dont need asmcmd to see disk usage.  The usage is available within any
Oracle database using the ASM instance:

select group_number, name, state,
   total_mb, free_mb,
   round(free_mb / total_mb * 100) "Free%"
from v$asm_diskgroup
order by 1, 2;

I cant think of anything you would gain by using the HP tool.

--
Andrew W. Kerber