Re: ASM on Sun

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oraracdba@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:46:47 -0700 (PDT)

Scott

  I will surely try again tomorrow as I tried earlier to change the ownership
and the command was exectued but the permission are still the same. Yes you are
right that I need to reserver some space for ASM

  Thanks for your help
  Sanjay

Scott <oraracdba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Sanjay, I just change the permissions on the raw
character (rdev) device. In some cases I have also had
to start the slice at cylinder 3 becuase ASM thought
if I started a cyliner 0 the slice was a VTOC.

Scott

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com