Re: ASM monitoring in Enterprise Manager

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:09:41 -0700

Peter,

How big are the asm disks? If guess you have created the ASM instance
using disks aroung 4G?  IIRC ASM reservers first 500M in each disk for
meta data ..

-Gopal

On 3/15/07, Peter McLarty <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi ASM gurus

I am trying to find out why when in EM and I look up the page for the Diskgroup
the pie graph Disk Group Usage shows the an amount used for internal that is
currently 28%.

I have my suspicions that this is from an earlier process of when we refreshed
some databases that we now have dead files in ASM.
Is there a way to find out the reason ASM wants 28% of my storage for internal?

I cant find any reference to this in any documentation

--
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006