RE: ASM in a Veritas Cluster Software environment

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <avramil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:50:04 -0400

It'll work fine, just make sure the ASM instance is configured in the
resource group as well, and add it as a dependent resource for the
Oracle instance.  Your failover time will be increased, obviously, as
you will have to wait for ASM instance to start before VCS can start up
the database.

There doesn't seem to be a huge advantage to using ASM in this config,
though, since you could easily put the data on a cooked filesystem on
top of an LVM, which would give you the disk concatenation.

Thanks,
Matt