RE: ASM disk corruption

  • From: "Amaral, Rui" <Rui.Amaral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pnedeljkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pnedeljkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:27:43 -0500

Are all asm instance nodes down?

Reason I ask is this: ASM caches the disk metadata in memory when it starts (I
don't remember all of the acronyms but I can look it up). If you have one of
the asm instances still up then you can drop the disk from the running instance
and once it has successfully dropped the disk then you might be able to bring
things back up. Dropping the disk rebalances all objects across the remaining
disks within the disk group and because the metadata would still be in memory
on that running instance ASM should be able to move things around successfully.