Re: ASM cannot locate disks

  • From: De DBA <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 13:22:46 +1000

Yes, the alertlog (which is now in $ORACLE_HOME/log/diag/+asm/.. rather than
the usual $ORACLE_BASE/diag/+asm/..) has the warning:

WARNING: using default parameter settings without any parameter file

I should also note that we use stand-alone ASM, not RAC. No, there is no
init+ASM.ora file :( ASM is started by /etc/init.d/ohasd, which I would expect
to set the correct environment, but the alertlog also has a complaint that
$ORACLE_BASE is not set..

$ORACLE_HOME/crs/log and ../css/log are both empty, and ../ohasd has only a
subdirectory called ../ohasd/init which has a 0-byte file with the host name as
the file name and a pid file, also with the hostname as its name, i.e.
`hostname`.pid. I am not familiar with RAC, should I look in other locations?

Thanks,
Tony