Re: ASM and disk partitions offset

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:58:15 +0100

A quick follow-up on this:
we requested again from the storage team and the HW vendor to double
check if partition sector alignment was "appropriate",
this time (after having called their experts ...) they confirmed that it
would be better to partition the disks using a different offset
for the first sector (128 instead of the default - 63 in this case).

So thanks again Niall,
now I'm reading the articles you mentioned.

Best regards
Dimitre