RE: ASM and archivelogs - what if....

  • From: mike boligan <mboligan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 12:33:00 -0800 (PST)

Chris,

    I know you are on 10.xxx, but if you have 11.2 or are planning on moving to
11.2 soon, you may want to read bug 10388660, it happens when using rman
duplicate and have archived redo logs stored on ASM.

HTH,
Mike

--- On Tue, 2/5/13, Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ASM and archivelogs - what if....
To: breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 11:54 AM

Can I answer "no" without fear of reprisal? :)

I'm new to ASM and I don't think any of our guys are backing up ASM metadata.
I'll have to poll them.

Chris

On 2013-02-05, at 6:23 AM, <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>