Re: ASM and Data guard??

  • From: "Paul Drake" <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:09:57 -0400

On 5/2/07, dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Recentlt I have interview and two questions I may need
your opinion on it.

1. what is difference between ASm and hardware RAID?
Pro/con.

2. What is major difference on Physical standby and
logical standby on 10G data guard?

Thanks.

The differences are:

1. Their respective documentation resides in separate files
2. Their documentation resides in the same file

Start here. I'll be quite interested to read what you discover.
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/standby.htm

I have to admit that I believe that you've posted an unbelievable lazy question.
If Mladen were on the list I would just wait for his reply.

Paul