Re: ASM Startup Help!

  • From: Scott <oraracdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael Saffitz <m@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:11:20 -0800 (PST)

Mike, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have
seen this before when using ASM libs. The case of the
disappearing disks. I have had this happen to me on
several occasions and now I just don't use the ASM
libs anymore.

The only way your are going to fix this problem is to
dd over the device and try to add the disks back into
the disk group.

I hope you don't have critical stuff on that
diskgroup.

Scott

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250