Re: ASM Record Deletions

  • From: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:09:53 +0200

Sanjay,
if you have the same DB on the 3 nodes, then you cannot do what you're
aiming at: the data handled by any node is visible to all of them.
What you can do is to create a separate db on the node that you want, and
make it use the same ASM instance as the RAC DB, with the third diskgroup
used for this new database.

rgds

On 6/15/06, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kevin

If I have 3 Node RAC and is it possible that I can have 2 node using DG1
and DG2  disk group while third node can have three Disk group DG1, DG2 and
DG3. Actually I want to use node 3 for one different application comparision
to Node1 and Node2 and so want to use seprate Disk group.

I was in IOUG and have seen one presentation where they have shown it.
They also mention that group services maintainted the DG+asm mapping. I know
CSS is maintaining this information but is it possible to check the group
services information outside of Database.

TIA
Sanjay

*Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>* wrote:

no problem...just the tip of the ASM misunderstanding iceburg
out there...and that is no reflection on you...it is rampant

------------------------------ *From:* Sanjay Mishra [mailto:smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx] *Sent:* Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:49 PM *To:* kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx *Subject:* RE: ASM Record Deletions

 Thanks Kevin for nice catch

.com