RE: ASM IO distribution on a SAN

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:06:02 -0400

It is unlikely your storage array has the capability to present a multi-TB lun,
or that from an administrative perspective you would want such a thing.  ASM
would be a fine way to evenly distribute IO across a series of reasonably sized
LUNs.  I think Paul's point was to not count on the striping from a performance
perspective, simply an administrative ones.

Matt

--
Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist