Re: ASM IO distribution on a SAN

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:33:37 -0400

Striping-over-striping kind of defeats the simplicity of ASM
environment and completely removes visibility where is what in regard
to physical storage layout.

If situation permits, I strongly prefer to expose each pair of RAID-0
mirrored disks as single LUN and organize diskgroups out of those
LUNs. This way ASM disk matches directly to a single physical disk (oh
well, pair of disks).

--
Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://www.oracloid.com