Re: ASM Grid Infrastructure voting files not found any more

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:39:17 +0200

Thanks Freek,

this was great help.

As a conclusion, this was I had to do to make the box start CSSD and in
the end, CRSD again:

# crsctl stop crs

~> cd $GRID_HOME/gpnp/hostname/profiles/peer
~> cp profile.xml profile.xml.new.us
~> gpnptool unsign -p=./profile.xml.new.us
~> gpnptool edit -asm_dis='/dev/disk/by-id/ASM*' -p=profile.xml.new.us\
   -o=profile.xml.new.us -ovr
~> cat profile.xml.new.us
~> gpnptool sign -p=./profile.xml.new.us\
   -w=file:$GRID_HOME/gpnp/hostname/wallets/peer/ -o=./profile.xml.new
~> mv ./profile.xml ./profile.xml.old.1
~> cp ./profile.xml.new ./profile.xml

# crsctl start crs

Now, the CSSD started, but CRSD was complaining that the OCR is on disk
group +OCW which is not mounted. (obviously, since ASM has the wrong
disk string, too.) But ASM itself was online, so I did:

~> sqlplus / as sysasm

SQL> alter system set asm_diskstring='/dev/disk/by-id/ASM*'\
     scope=memory;
FYI, here I'm doing scope=memory, because the spfile is on +OCW, too... :)
SQL> alter diskgroup OCW mount;
SQL> alter system set asm_diskstring='/dev/disk/by-id/ASM*' scope=both;

From that point, the CRSD was able to locate the OCW disk group, the OCR
within, and to start every service within the cluster.

What I have to do now, is to catch the second node out of it's reboot
loop, repair the gpnp profile there, and bring it back home to mommy.

Thank you very much, everybody thninking and helping here, especially
Freek - you are great! ;)

Best regards
Martin

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de