RE: ASM Directory or Alias Rename

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "troach@xxxxxxxxx" <troach@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:08:03 +0200

ASM uses the db_unique_name to configure it's directories.
I don't think it is possible to  let 2 databases with the same db_unique_name
to use the same ASM instance.
(The same db_name should not matter).

I also would advise not to use aliasses in ASM.
It can become very messy when doing restores  :)

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator