RE: APEX 4 won't work on XE?

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:12:46 -0500

http://joelkallman.blogspot.com/2009/09/minimum-database-version-for.html

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rich Jesse
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:11 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: APEX 4 won't work on XE?

Hey all,

Since the Oracle Forums have said "This site is currently under maintenance.
Please come back again later." all day, I'll ask this here.

Just looking to eval the new APEX 4.0 and I see on
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/index.html
that the minimum Oracle DB version is "10.2.0.3.0", which says to me "This
can't work on XE" since XE is only 10.2.0.1 and not patchable.

Has anyone tried APEX 4.0 on XE yet?  Or, better yet, any news on a release
date for XE 11?

TIA!
Rich

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
        This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by email reply.