RE: ANSI Joins

  • From: "Orr, Steve" <sorr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:06:18 -0700

With me it's a matter of what I learned first then being the old dog
having to learn new tricks. We have MySQL/Oracle going on here and I've
been known to complain loud and long about MySQL's non-ANSI SQL
compliance so you can imagine my past disgust when MySQL was compliant
on this one and Oracle was not.

SELECT proficiency FROM dba
WHERE new_tricks =3D old_dog(+)