RE: AMD vs Xeon 64 bit

  • From: "VIVEK_SHARMA" <VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Glenn Stauffer" <alaxsxaq@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 12:49:06 +0530

Thanks Glenn, List for responding.

Am looking to check the possibility of our Banking Product's possible
port to AMD Opteron & build a case for "Management".

Our Banking Products are Coded is in Pro C, .Net, Java currently Runs on
Solaris(Sparc4u), Windows , HP-UX (on Itanium Chips), AIX (P5 Servers)
with Oracle / SQL*Server Databases.

Any Docs, Links, pointers Other than the following?

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/openpower/files/hrg_openpower.pdf

Additionally some questions are in CAPITALS below.

Thanks indeed.