Re: ALL_SYNONYMS versus USER_SYNONYMS

  • From: Mohamed Houri <mohamed.houri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:58:25 +0200

This is why I wanted them to change the following sql

*SQL ordered by Gets*

*Buffer Gets*

*Executions*

*Gets per Exec*

*%Total*

*Elapsed Time (s)*

*%CPU*

*%IO*

*SQL Id*

*SQL Text*

130,036,976

620

209,737.06

16.31

267.71

99.4

0

*4gqwzrdwrccrq*
<file:///C:\01Mhouri\02%20Mhouri%20Infrabel\05%20Bill%20In\AWR-Acc%20Audit\AWR%20Rpt%20-%20IOA0231A%20Problematic.html#4gqwzrdwrccrq>

SELECT COUNT(1) FROM DUAL WHER...

SELECT COUNT(1) FROM DUAL WHERE EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM ALL_SYNONYMS WHERE
SYNONYM_NAME = :B1 AND OWNER = USER)

*By*

SELECT COUNT(1) FROM DUAL WHERE EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM USER_SYNONYMS WHERE
SYNONYM_NAME = :B1);

And I don’t see any issue with what I proposed them to do (hence my
question).

Of course I said that they have better to get rid of those calls because
they have nothing to do with the application business. The raison for which
they have implemented such a call being not persuasive at all I renounced
to share it with you here.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

--

Houri Mohamed

Oracle DBA-Developer-Performance & Tuning

Member of Oraworld-team <http://www.oraworld-team.com/>

Visit My         - Blog <http://www.hourim.wordpress.com/>

Let's Connect -
<http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/mohamed-houri/11/329/857/>*Linkedin