Re: AIX(VERSION 4) /Oracle8172

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

seema,
are your datafiles and archivelogdest on the same mount point.
it could be since you increased your datafile size your archivelogs dont have
enough space.
this error is the fact that the archivelogs cannot be written to disk.
Also you might want to consider  moving archvielogs from their dest to another
disk or tape sooner.

Seema Singh <oracledbam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have one instance on AIX version 4 .This instance is crashing on regular
basis.I have been noticing following problem.
ORA-16038: log 3 sequence# 723 cannot be archived
ORA-19502: write error on file "", blockno (blocksize=)
ORA-00312: online log 3 thread 1: '/u02/oradata/DSS/redo3a.log'
ORA-00312: online log 3 thread 1: '/u04/oradata/DSS/redo3b.log'
ARCH: Connecting to console port...
ARCH:

or
ORA-00476: RECO process terminated with error
PMON: terminating instance due to error 476
Instance terminated by PMON, pid = 133128
or
ARC1: Error 19504 creating archivelog file '/u06/oracle/b

These all errors are coming since we created maxsize 2048m of datafiles in
autoextend mode.
AIX version is 4.I'm assuming AIX 4 doesn't handle 2GB files.Metalink say
it's due to file size.Doesn any one have such situation in past? If yes how
did fixed pl? ANy suggestions are welcome.
thx
-seema