AIX question

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 21:12:18 -0500

I have a script that runs the loop below:

for ORACLE_SID in `ps -e -o="CMD" | grep smon|grep -v grep| awk -F "_"
'{print$3}'`
do
done

The problem that just came up is a rac one node instance, where the
ORACLE_SID is orcl_1 or orcl_2

So the script above, in a standard rac instance would find orcl1 or orcl2,
which is what I want.  But with Rac one node, and the underscore in the
name it just extracts orcl, when I need to extract orcl_1.

Can one of you scripting gurus show me a corrected version of that for loop
that gets the correct ORACLE_SID?

--
Andrew W. Kerber