Re: ACFS licensing

  • From: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freek D'Hooge" <freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 17:58:18 +0200

Hi

In
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e47877/editions.htm#DBLIC121

It states this:

ASM Cluster File System (ACFS) or a local OS file system must be used to
store all non-database files. No Oracle-maintained copies of any
non-database files can exist in any other locations, with the following
exceptions:

   1.

   Customers who want to manually script maintenance of a standby database
   can create a second copy of their archive logs outside of Oracle ASM on a
   local file system only, designated by the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n parameter.
   2.

   *RMAN backups of files can reside on either a local or network mounted
   file system.*

It looks to me its saying that RMAN cannot be ACFS (whie is my purpose)?

Thanks