RE: ACFS for Database Files

  • From: <rajendra.pande@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:57:20 -0500

Interesting thought… I did think about this a bit

Thought 1 – I doubt that ACFS in its pure form will be what will end up for DB
files. It will have to be some form of ASM which is what sort of even cloudFS
ends up using.

I am also unsure if ACFS by itself will provide for all the bells and whistles
including rebalancing, data distribution across disks etc that ASM does.

Till that happens it seems premature to use ACFS directly for DB files

Maybe I misunderstand the question