Re: ACFS Creation to store datafiles

  • From: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:04:54 +0200

yea but oakcli is a wrapper, at the end it calls one of both for sure...

if you have an ODA handy can you run me this command :-?

crsctl stat res ora.xxxxx.db -p where xxxxx is the db name

but by the way I am not using ODA so I need to know which is better way,
srvctl or acfsutil :-)

Thanks

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

You don't use either in ODA. You use oakcli to create the database or if
you're using dbca or creating a custom database, you use oakcli to create
the ACFS file system.

Seth Miller
On Oct 11, 2015 10:43 AM, "Ls Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Fuad

My doubt wheather use acfsutil or srvctl is due to the depedency between
the database and ACFS, with acfsutil there is no such dependency, with
srvctl there is.

In oda acfsutil is used by default or srvctl?

Thanks

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 5:31 PM, Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ASMCA will help you create an ACFS files system
This white paper while for an ODA can give you the methodology for non
ODA as well.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-appliance/overview/oda-acfs-faq-2393433.pdf
The whitepaper below shows ODA commands as well as acfsutil commands as
well

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-appliance/overview/asm-acfs-migration-2379319.pdf

On Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:06 AM, Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi all

Does anyone tried use ACFS to store datafiles in 12.1.0.2?

If so how did you create the ACFS? With acfsutil or srvctl add
filesystem :-?

Thanks