Re: ACFS

  • From: RajeevGM <rprabha01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:38:09 -0400

No, we are not using hanfs.

On Oct 19, 2015, at 5:34 PM, Kenny Payton <k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Rajeev.

You don’t happen to be using HANFS are you?

Kenny

On Oct 19, 2015, at 4:05 PM, RajeevGM <rprabha01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kenny,

We are using ACFS for the last few years on a two node 11.2.0.2 and
a 11.2.0.3 RAC environment.

Shutting down these mount points can be a pain at times if you have a tight
maintenance window.

Also, I recall facing some stability issues with them on 11.2.0.2 (Solaris
platform),
but, we were able to get past them and it was stable from that point onwards.

On Solaris, we had to apply the patch 14617206 to address the issue of os
commands hanging issue.
-Rajeev

On Oct 19, 2015, at 3:21 PM, Kenny Payton <k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone running ACFS with any scale? I've ran it on a fairly small scale
but nothing of any size. I'm starting to look at it for 60-70T content
share with 40-50 clients. I'd rather expose it as NFS rather than install
it on every client but looking for resiliency and clustering. It seems to
have all of the features I'll need ( ie. snapshot, replication and
encryption ).

I can also break this 40-50T up into a good number of smaller chunks ( < 5T
) and could actually build multiple clusters as opposed to one large one.
Each cluster would present data to a subset of the clients.

Looking for success stories, horror stories or just words of enlightenment.

Thanks,
Kenny