Re: A question from OCA exam

  • From: Michael Haddon <m.haddon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 18:22:25 -0500

OK - For my .02,

Server side procedures really could be any file stored on the database server. This doesn't necessarily mean IN the database but just on the server in a client/server or 3 tier architecture. Since they didn't use the term "Stored Procedures" and they reference files in the A answer, this could be any script/program that runs on the server. Not necessarily PL*SQL procedures. Using a very vague definition A could be considered true.

However, since this is an OCA exam. The normal person, (dba), would assume certain aspects of the exam and naturally choose B as the answer and they would be considered correct to any DBA with any experience.

What would upset me is if I paid hard earned money to take a certification exam about the database and it's technology and got a question like this that really had more than one answer depending upon how you interpret it. Really, A or B would be right,.. but on an Oracle exam. B!

Again - Just my .02

Regards
Mike

While I was studing to the 1z0-147 exam I see a question which I coudnt be sure the answer .
Here is the question ..

its written that the choice A is correct but I dont agree with this ..B seems to be more correct  to me ..

Which statement is true?
A.Server side procedures are stored in script files on the server.
B.Server side procedures are visible in the ALL_SOURCE dictionary view.
C.Server side procedures are visible in the SERVER_SOURCE dictionary view.
D.Server side procedures are visible in the SERVER_PROCEDURE data
  dictionary view.

Regards

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital