Re: A question about NLS Language settings

  • From: "Yechiel Adar" <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:44:44 +0200

We were using the same method to write and read Hebrew letters. The database
and the client both had: we8iso8859p1 so no conversion was done. Now dot.bet
come along. It seems that dot.net is doing internal conversion, of character
strings, to utf8. During this conversion all non standard chars will become
upside down question mark. You can go around it by some decleration of the
character strings as oracle strings but you will probably have troubles.
So my advice to you all is to use a charset that matchs what you put in. We
are starting a conversion project because of this problem.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish Computer Services