Re: A brief doc on 10046 tracing

  • From: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:23:16 -0400

And for those of you who got a garbled email the first round, here's
my explanation for troubling the list with my document.
---

I've been asked to provide a short doc on 10046 tracing for DBAs and
developers. So, at the risk of imposing, the text of my first draft is
below.  I plan on including a copy of Oracle Note 39817.1 as an
appendix as well as some sample trace files from various systems. I
will also be suggesting that interested parties purchase Cary's book.
(I'm not sharing mine with this crowd - it may not come back.)

Any suggestions, feedback, etc would be appreciated.  I'm the only one
here that knows how to do this, and I need to keep it short and
simple, but clear to the uninitiated.  If any one would prefer that I
send the doc directly to them as an attachment, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Robyn