Re: A brief doc on 10046 tracing

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:23:51 +0200

I do not agree with you.
I needed to trace a query a short time ago, and a document that explain how to trace and how to find results from the trace would have saved me a lot of time.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco wrote:

Hi Robin, if you want an honest opinion about notes, I can give you
one, and I expect be useful :).

I think you need some examples and share some experience, I recently
was breaking my head to optimize a query, and the problem was in the
view the condition was wrong, and I didn't found that in the trace
file I analyzed.

So even when I don't scorn short explanations. To be useful, if you
want to do something interesting for dbas,  you must cover every point
more deeply and share your experience in every point and with
interesting examples.
If you have to write a 15 pages pdf, then do it, but if you want to do
something you can find better in documentation, I don't think you
should waste your time.
Good luck

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l