RE: A Challenge

  • From: "Post, Ethan" <Ethan.Post@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Spears, Brian" <BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:16:31 -0600

Well I have tried OEM with each release and while I always find a few
things I like, the hassle I usually have getting it installed/configured
etc...is almost never worth it. My own tools have been steadily
advancing and I have never found a problem yet that I needed to go to
OEM to get the answer. I will take another look I guess when I get a
chance, I have seen the demos.

Also I tend to work in a multiple environments across different
projects/locations all at the same time, I am usually limited to ssh and
sometimes tns. I may not have control over getting software
etc..installed so I like to just unpack my tools, create a user and get
to work.