Re: 9i r2 Data Guard - failover procedure

  • From: "Leyi Zhang (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: a.lia@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 00:45:03 +0800

1. Do you use ARCH or LGWR to transfer redo?
2. When you decide to failover standby to a new primary in Oracle9iR2,
you need to confirm is there any gap archive log from V$ARCHIVE_GAP.
3. If no reply after you "commit to swtich over to primary", you should:

a. restart standby:
SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE;
STARTUP NOMOUNT;
ALTER DATABASE MOUNT STANDBY DATABASE;

b. try to skip current standby redolog if you used:
ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE FINISH [skip standby logfile];

c. switch to primary:
ALTER DATABASE COMMIT TO SWITCHOVER TO PRIMARY;

d. restart:
SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE;
STARTUP OPEN;

--